Nigeria’s Healthcare sector and its shockingly high reliance on out-of-pocket payments for healthcare services continue to provide a fertile ground for innovation and new product development. Avon HMO seeks a Manager who will lead its new product development process from the concept phase at inception to launch and post-launch.
The role is tasked with conducting relevant product, consumer and market research; collating and analyzing data to aid the building of compelling business cases which will assist in identifying and prioritizing new products and the order in which they are to be launched.
This role will build an understanding of and cultivate a passion for new products across stakeholders within and outside the company, ensuring the launch and continued viability of a new products portfolio which delivers increased market share, revenue and profitability to the company.
- Conduct company, industry and consumer research and analysis, including competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Identify gaps in the market for new products/trends, presenting key trends, products, categories and ideas to the business; based on this, prepares and presents new product proposals for review and approval
- Ensure a clear and efficient product road mapping, product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process that aligns with a pre-agreed Product Strategy
- Evaluate the potential and practicality of products in development and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the successful identification, creation, launch and continued viability of launched products
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Own the lifecycle management of product, whilst engaging, consulting and informing key stakeholders throughout the product development process.
- Manage customer opinion of a product, testing the product in focus groups and receiving feedback… working with teams to adjust the product’s design until confident they are market ready
- Manage interdependency across departments to ensure timely development and delivery of assigned tasks.
- Manage/engage and contract with external partners, suppliers and vendors associated with the successful deployment and continued delivery of the products
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and third-party requirements in product development.
- Work intimately with the marketing department to develop marketing strategies (positioning, route to market, etc), lead generation strategies, and sales strategies to achieve revenue and profitability targets
- A University degree in a relevant field is required
- 5 years of progressive experience in product development/ product management
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrable experience and track record in project management
- Excellent Analytical skills: – Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning etc
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- MBA or Masters or Professional certification in Marketing is an added advantage
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- People Management
- Financial planning and strategy