The HR Specialist will drive and institutionalize innovative performance initiatives and programmes that align with and drive a high-performance culture. He or she will be tasked with developing performance management into a more progressive model while ensuring performance management is integrated with AVON HMO’s business strategy. This role will also be responsible for developing and implementing an organization-wide Learning & Development Strategy that facilitates and embeds individual development and capacity building in line with business requirements. In addition, the individual must have a strong understanding of employee retention and engagement strategies.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
- Develop and implement an organization-wide Learning & Development Strategy that facilitates and drives individual development and capacity building in line with business requirements.
- Enhance the performance management process by institutionalizing and embedding an efficient, fair and transparent Performance Management System across the company and promoting a performance-based culture across functions.
- Manage the ongoing performance-management process ensuring all heads of departments, line managers and employees are informed, trained and coached on all aspects of monthly reviews, mid-year check-ins, year-end calibrations and performance ratings, goal setting, etc.
- Design performance calibration sessions to ensure objective talent decisions are made in a fair and transparent manner.
- Coach leaders on writing performance reviews and holding meaningful ongoing conversations with their subordinates
- Partner with senior leadership to set and properly cascade effective company goals
- Build and manage project plan for performance management processes, goal setting, training and communication
- Partner with leaders on creating performance improvement plans to close performance gaps
- Institutionalise and embed the culture of performance management as a progressive, ongoing process that supports talent pipelining and management
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis using both structured and informal methods to capture requirements across the company
- Identify current and future developmental needs at the individual level, and capacity building requirements at the institutional level
- Conceptualize innovative and flexible methods to address the developmental and capacity building needs identified, including identification of external training programs and conferences, the design and delivery of in-house training sessions, enrolment in online learning programs, mentoring, self-learning, and other methods as appropriate
- Draw up, drive and facilitate a comprehensive L&D Plan based on the developmental needs and methods identified and ensure smooth execution with effective outcomes
- Monitor and evaluate of both structured and informal methods used; making continuous improvements in the approach, process and methods as appropriate
- Organizing and anchoring the New Hire Orientation programme to enable easy settling-in and acculturalization of new employees
- Refining existing systems and processes, and setting up new processes as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent, in Human Resources Management, Organisational Development, or related discipline
- Additional professional qualification/certification in Human Resources Management or in performance management is advantageous
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in Human Resources, especially in staff performance-management processes and tools, or other related Human Resources field
- Experience in implementation of HR strategy in a leading consulting firm is an added advantage
- Experience in leading performance improvement programmes and knowledge of HRIS tools that support Performance Management processes/activities
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Discretion, display of good judgment
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- High levels of personal resilience and persistence and significant level of emotional intelligence
- Significant experience in budget management.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to apply