The Head, Information Technology will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing information technology strategies and solutions for AVON HMO. The job holder will be working and consulting with the management team on the strategy development and strategy implementation processes, and the annual operating plans and budgets.
- Maintain organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Advise on the strategic direction of key electronic resources including websites and information databases.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Oversee Information Technology support (infrastructure development, systems support and maintenance).
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery, back-up procedures, information security and control structures.
- Forecast requirement and prepare annual budget for the Information Technology team.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Benchmark the organisation against up to date Information Technology practices and adapt accordingly.
- Data Centre Management.
- Provides escalated on-site support of hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
- Proactively identify and develop new and innovative ways of improving IT processes.
- Analyse IT-related situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within acceptable standards.
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the Information Technology team, to achieve agreed annual targets
- Minimum of eight (8) years working experience in a similar capacity within a corporate environment.
- First degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Professional IT certifications
- Information management skills
- Database management skills
- Decision making and exercising independent judgment
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strategic thinker
- Attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Ability to multitask and handle complex tasks simultaneously
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to apply