We are looking to hire a results-driven and confident Financial Controller to manage and improve our organization’s financial performance. Duties for the Financial Controller will include managing accounting records, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
As Financial Controller you must be confident in playing a pivotal role within the finance team as they undergo a digitalization transformation.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
The Financial Controller will streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation and cost management.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts and reports
- Overseeing and preparing income statements.
- Analysis and reconciliations of P&L and balance sheet
- Cash flow, forecasting, variance analysis and budgeting
- Preparation and submission of Tax returns and reconciliations
- Introduction and maintenance of financial policies and procedures
- Participating in budgeting processes and regular budget consolidation
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements/obligations
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings
- Prepare projections annually and update monthly with actual figures
- ACCA / ACA
- Master’s Degree in Accounts or equivalent
- Proven experience in finance management
- Ten years post qualification experience
- Member of Chartered Institute of Taxation (CITN)(an advantage)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Proficiency in accounting software (SAGE etc.)
- Analytical skills
- IFRS Competency is compulsory
- Hands on experience of preparing company accounts
- Confident oral presentation and communication skills to influence, persuade, negotiate, motivate and agree commitments with colleagues in a high-pressure environment
- Approachable and able to coach and assist colleagues with accounting problems / issues
- Numerate and articulate in handling statistics and interpreting information for communication to all levels within the business
- Flexible, well organised with lots of initiative, energy and personal motivation
- Results oriented and determined in resolving issues and achieving objectives
- Significant experience of conflict resolution and dealing with sensitive issues
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to apply